Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Reflection

     Christmas. I must out of all the holidays my family celebrates it's the holiday filled with the most memories. Whether it was Christmas in New York City, growing up in Utah, Two Michigan Christmases and the Christmases here in Washington.

   What does Christmas mean to me? I think the thing it has consistently meant to me is love. Whether it's the story and mythos behind an omnipetant deity becoming a human baby, the sharing of love with family, friends and girlfriend.

    I wish the spirit of love and giving that comes and Christmas was more then just once a year though. Service is something that I need to be better and improve myself in. There are so many problems in the world...both family, friends and strangers.

   I think the message of Christmas is that service and sacrifice is something greater then a single event or holy day (holiday). It is something that matters in what we do every day and how we treat others and ourselves. So far all who celebrate Christmas. A very merry belated Christmas to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment