Monday, January 10, 2011

Children of Abraham Undergraduate Research Thesis

          The Children of Abraham Research Thesis. This project is my goal for my final time here at the Evergreen State College. Over break I read tons of books on Interfaith and how to create successful dialogue between people of different backgrounds who are in conflict with one another. This project is an exploration of faith. What a Christian, Muslim or Jew is differs depending on who you are talking too...but there are common beliefs that all share and each claim Abraham as the father of their faith.

    Throughout time we have seen individuals within these groups persecute and kill one another in the name of the God who made a covenant with their forefather. History is littered with atrocities committed in the name of God by all these faiths and today it is still done.

    In this project I will be interviewing members of the faiths as well as taking surveys of people who I am unable to schedule interviews with. The questions will deal with how each individual sees faith playing a role in their life, what role that faith informs virtue and what Interfaith (respect and dialogue towards members of different faiths) plays a role in their religion.

     Also part of the project is up-keeping the blog. I'll be visiting all the Abrahamic faiths largely, but I will also be visiting other religions as well. So I'll continue to post my faith visits. What discussions I post in here will not be in relationship to the survey questions and will be specifically for the blog. Since the survey is a questionnaire and interview, not a discussion.

   This is my final quarter at the Evergreen State College and my goal with this project is to build bridges of understanding and respect between the faiths I'm studying and the people whose stories are told. I am hoping to further Interfaith dialogue, peace and understanding with the completed project. May peace be with you and God bless you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment