Friday, September 6, 2013

Don't Panic - Lima Airport Chapel - August 25th, 2013


http://blog.sleepinginairports.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ipod-129.jpg

     Don't panic. The words rushed through my head as I tried to figure what my next steps would be. I couldn't find my group where we were supposed to meet and couldn't find the area where I was to pick my last tickets to get back to Seattle. I'd already walked the length of the airport and the food sections a few times before finally realizing I needed to calm down. I was just making it worse. Not having gotten much sleep on the plane or the night before didn't help.

     Breathing I followed the signs to the Chapel that Lima airport has. I sat for a while, gathering my thoughts before saying a quick prayer, a hope that everything would turn out. It was amazing how much it centered my mind. After I stopped rushing and stepped back (which the prayer allowed me to do, like meditation) I was able to see the situation rationally.

    Going through one last time I found the right area to get my tickets (it was pretty hidden) and after that was able to find my group and get through security for the flight to Texas.

    Don't panic. It's amazing what comfortable symbols and quite place can do. The chapel was nearly empty when I had gone there and it was totally quite which had allowed me to put everything that was causing out and deal with it rationally.

   In hindsight it was a good experience, I'd been in a storm and found my calm, while also getting to experience a beautiful tiny religious area in the most unexpected of places, Lima Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment