Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Sacred Valley, Peru - August 18th, 2013

                                                               The Sacred Valley

The next day we would travel to a site where the Inca were able to shape crops. The location was called the Sacred Valley on our ticket and each area of the site was made of circular terraces were the crops were planted and the water levels controlled for the different types of crops. It was a genius invention considering that it was made to grow plants that could not usually grow at those types of altitudes (the Andies).

    Part of the terrace had broke and the government was not able to repair it. How the Incas had built the site was lost to time. 

    It was here our guide Puma did another ceremony. It was a ceremony in honor of women since this site was dedicated to them historically. A forgiveness exercise and blessing was done. It was powerful and made me realize once more just how much a bully I had been to my sisters growing up, and any other time I'd been hurtful.

   After the ceremony I could see that others had found what they were looking for. There were many happy tears and moments of self realization.

                                                         Me and our guide Puma     
This would be a huge part of the experience that defined my time here (as well as the natural beauty of nature and the brilliant architecture of the Inca Temples and sites). I was with a group who it was okay to be vulnerable with and vice versa. Whatever time I needed for myself, I could easily get...this was true throughout the entire trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment